Chief Audit Officer (m/f)
Baobab is a leading digital financial inclusion group focusing on serving individuals, micro and small businesses in Africa and China. Our mission is to unleash the potential of our clients offering them simple and easy to use financial services. Founded in 2005 as Microcred, today Baobab has over 700,000 customers and 3,800 employees operating in Burkina Faso, China, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Madagascar, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Tunisia and Zimbabwe.
The group is headquartered in Paris and has centralised a number of back office functions to Dakar, Senegal.
In a context of rapid growth and change we are looking for a Chief Audit Officer.
The Chief Audit Officer (CAO) is responsible for evaluating and monitoring the internal control systems of Microcred entities, identify areas at risk and contribute to their improvement. CAO will generally participate in the implementation of the Microcred Group’s strategy.
The role of the Chief Audit Officer is a global senior position in the Group. The position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be a member of the Group Management Committee (Directoire). CAO will also report quarterly to the Audit, Risk & Compliance Committee of the Group.
Chief Audit Officer (m/f)
- Supervise the audit team (Zonal Internal Audit Managers and the IT Audit team) and support them in the implementation of audit strategy;
- Develop Audit talents and enhance transverse mobility between audit and business functions.
Strategy & Reporting
- Develop the audit strategy at Group level in line with the new developments of Baobab;
- Develop systems and metrics for group monitoring of audit activities and supervise the consolidation of the activities and KPIs of internal audit teams within the subsidiaries;
- Monitor and report on performance of subsidiary audit activities;
- Ensure an adequate communication of audit activities and findings with the others members of the Management Board at the Holding level.
- Support the development and implementation of Group Annual Audit Plans based on the risk assessment / mapping;
- Supervise the implementation of Group recommendations;
- Supervise the development and harmonization of audit tools into existing and future subsidiaries;
- Lead the regular update and improvement of the Group audit policies.
- Supervise the development and implementation of alerts to identify and follow the frauds (operational, HR, IT …) at group level ;
- Supervise the adequate implementation of Fraud management processes.
- Propose improvement of Group procedures along with anomalies and risks identified;
- Follow regularly Baobab Group new projects’ development and assess / contribute to their risk management;
- Contribute to Baobab Holding Audit, Risk and Compliance committee preparation and animation;
- Participate in subsidiaries Audit Committees
- Any other tasks requested by the ARC committee or project’s implementation.
You have a minimum of 10 years experience in high growth companies in emerging markets, preferably in microfinance sector,
Your current role allows you to define the company’s audit strategy, leading audit missions and audit plan, and you already report on audit to senior management, the board of directors and/or investors,
You demonstrate the ability to manage highly engaged teams, with a diversity of profiles and seniority,
You are valued for your capacity to communicate with stakeholders and create buy-in of your ideas,
You demonstrate professional written and verbal fluency in English and French.
The CAO will be based in Paris and is expected to travel extensively to the operating businesses.